High-pressure plug valve for nuclear facilities
DIN: 15 – 250 / PN 10 – 160
ASME: NPS ½“ – 8“ / class 150 – 900
PT range: -30 < T < 230/280°C, vacuum 10-8 mbar
- high-pressure design
- replacement of sleeve of installed valve
- free of cavities
- maintenance free – self lubricating
- adjustable safety spindle packing
- firesafe – API 607 / ISO 10497 (outside)
- nuclear approval
- forged steel
- complete chain of documentation for all parts
Operating temperatures < -30°C and > 220 °C have to be checked and approved by AZ according to the operating conditions.
Besides the P/T value of the sleeve the limitations of the valve bodies also have to be considered. Please refer to the EN 12516-1 resp. ASME B16.34 in order to choose a proper pressure rating (PN/class). The shown values refer to austenitic stainless steel 1.4408 (A351 Gr. CF8M).
1) For operating temperatures below -10°C low temperature / austenitic steels are required.
2) Sleeve: There are different sleeve materials / compounds available.
Standard body materials
- forged steel 1.4301, ASTM A240/A182
Standard plug materials
- forged steel 1.4301, ASTM A240/A182 (304)
- forged steel 1.4541, ASTM A240/A182 (321)
other materials on request
Firesafe safety sealing (API 607) for fluctuating temperatures
with 3x graphite packing (adjustable) for additional
stem sealing; Tmax 280°C
1 Locking Devices
Pilot valve combinations, pad lock eyelets, linear key conception, indexing plunger arrestor.
2 Plug stem extension
Solid construction in stainless steel with T-wrench, Standard extension 100 mm or 150 mm, non standard lengths are available on request
Actuators for mounting-flange acc. to DIN ISO 5211
NEW: Pneumatic actuator AIR GEAR for plug valves with high torque =150.000 Nm
4 Ratched coupling
To usw on multiport valves with standard 90° actuator for bigger switchpositions than 90°
5 Cover extension
Solid construction in stainless steel, Standard extension 100 mm or 150 mm high, non standard lengths are available on request . Hexagonal bolts on adjustment ring freely accessible. Note: Don’t use with sealing FSN/FSN-SL and CASN/CASN-SL