Metal bellows can be used in applications where the vibration is of high frequency and low amplitude.
Vibration absorbing expansion joints are manufactured from multi-ply bellows to absorb and dampen vibrations.
These expansion joint are equipped with tie rods for limiting the movements and absorbing the pressure of the pump raise, to prevent thrust forces from being transmitted into the pipe.
Available in various types of stainless steel materials, vibration expansion joint is adapted for all purposes and medium where temperatures are higher than rubber expansion joints limits.
Advantages of Vibration Absorbers
- They are designed for versatile usage in any system where pump vibrations occur.
- Standard range is made from multi-ply bellows with several very thin layers of stainless steel.
- Pressure and temperature bearing capacity, noise and vibration absorption and overall cyclic service life.
- Range of vibration absorbers can resolve many problems related to mechanical vibration and have a higher pressure and temperature rating than rubber bellows.
- Rubber bushes can be added on the tie rods to help reduce the noise.
Applications of Vibration Absorbers
- Power stations
- Pulp and paper plants
- Heating and ventilating systems
- Sanitary installations
- Off-shore installations
- Flue gas cleaning systems
- Chemical/petrochemical plants