KLINGER MAKING HISTORY
A success story based on innovation, reliability and dedication to quality.
1886 – 1928
- In the year 1886 Richard Klinger opens up a small workshop in Vienna.
- A mere four years later he invents the reflex level gauge.
- In 1893 the plant in Gumpoldskirchen is put into operation.
- Creation of the Klingerit®, the revolutionary calendared compressed fiber gasket material.
1928 – 1957
- Karl Klinger takes over the business.
- Klingerit®, an oil-resistant jointing material with wire mesh, is developed for head gaskets in combustion engines.
- The connection to the automotive industry opens up a new market segment – the production of brake pads.
1957 – 1984
- Hubert Klinger-Lohr becomes the new managing director of the Group.
- Expansion of manufacturing sites and build-up of a European distribution network with 24/7 service.
- Development of PTFE sealing materials and introduction of KLINGERsil®, the world’s first asbestos-free jointing material.
- Production of large industrial-scale ball valves – KLINGER Ballostar®.
1984 – 2012
- Merger of the automotive segment with the German market leader Elring.
- Opening of a new, modern production plant for large-scale ball valves as an expansion of the R&D unit in Gumpoldskirchen.
- Introduction of a revolutionary high-temperature sealing material, KLINGER® Quantum.
- Opening of new subsidiaries in Russia, Thailand and China.
2012 – 2015
- Group management under Heinz Scharl, Peter Müller and Christoph Klinger-Lohr.
- Strategic acquisitions in target segments. Focus on services and organic growth outside of Europe.
- Initialization of Group Innovation and Talent Management programs.
2015 – NOW
- Group management with new Executive Board Member Daniel Schibli.
- Execution and further expansion of the global digitalization strategy.
- Strengthening of overarching production and sales networks.