Rupture Disc IKB®
Suitable for a wide range of process conditions, the IKB® is a cost- effective, reverse acting rupture disc that is suitable for a variety of applications. A truly versatile solution to meet the needs of your entire plant, the IKB® was specifically designed to provide reliable protection against overpressure across an extensive range of industries in equipment such as pressure vessels, piping systems, gas cylinders and reactors among others.
The IKB® is the only reverse acting rupture disc to be manufactured using REMBE®’s unique Contour Precision Lasering™ (CPL™) Technology ensuring high quality, accurate burst control even in the harshest of environments.
Unexpected problems can cause costly downtime, CPL™ eliminates common industry concerns associated with mechanically scored discs such as premature failure, corrosion on the score-line or pin holing.
Precision sublimated along the periphery for full-bore opening, the IKB® is a non-fragmenting rupture disc design that boasts a 95%1 operating ratio and excels in demanding, high-cycling applications providing a long life solution for your plant.
Fast, safe, installation for maximum process uptime
The IKB® is a solid-metal, torque independent design2, enabling simpler installation and routine maintenance checks. REMBE®’s torque independent solutions minimise the risk of damage due to incorrect handling or during improper installation, ensuring reliable burst pressure relief and minimal downtime. CPL™ Technology ensures a smooth process face, reducing any concerns of corrosion or contamination, making the IKB® a versatile solution for a wide range of industries.
The IKB® is fully compatible gas, steam or liquid, including under full vacuum conditions.
Reduce pressure relief expenditure with the IKB® rupture disc
The IKB® is perfect for new installations, combining superior performance with cost-effective pricing. The torque independent IKB® is ideal for commissioning where several rupture discs are installed in a short space of time, as no special tools or training is required. The IKB® can be installed quickly, safely and easily, ensu-ring no delays to start-up.
Available in a wide range of materials and coating options the IKB® is an excellent choice for relief valve isolation. Selecting the IKB® at project specification stage, can provide significant cost benefits, not only in the product itself, but by enabling a pressure relief valve to be sourced in a standard material as the valve is not in contact with the process medium.
Installed into the IG-KUB® holder, which is also compatible with REMBE®’s unique reverse-acting solution – KUB® allows the possibility to upgrade without further outlay in a new holder if process conditions were to change in the future. Used together with REMBE®’s NIMU detection system for a full rupture disc assembly, ensuring fail safe installation and notification of disc burst site wide.
- Superior performance with cost-effective pricing – ideal for new installations and change-outs where both high quality and price are a key requirement
- Reduce safety valve expenditure – using the IKB® for valve isolation enables the pressure relief valve to be sourced in more economical materials as the valve is not in contact with the process medium during normal operation
- Manufactured with unique Contour Precision Lasering™ (CPL™) – Reduces downtime caused by premature failure, corrosion or pin-holing
- Torque-independent design – no special installation tools required meaning disc is less prone to installation damage for maximum uptime
- Compatible with a wide range of process conditions – one disc type suitable for many installation points, reduces training and simplifies purchasing