Rupture Disc KUB
The KUB® is the only rupture disc to be manufactured using Euler’s critical load formula to determine the burst pressure, creating the most robust, high-performance rupture disc available.
Unlike other rupture disc solutions where a weak point is created in the metal, the KUB® is a unique, highly engineered solution, benefiting from a series of buckling pins which accurately collapse for reliable, full bore, opening. As there is no specific weak point on the rupture disc, the KUB® is an extremely robust solution, almost immune to damage by incorrect handling, improper installation or even being dropped! This maximises the lifespan of the disc and minimises long-term investment by lowering ongoing replacement costs.
The KUB® features a two-layer design, with the smooth, unblemished surface of the sealing membrane facing the process minimising the possibility of damage due to corrosion.
Boasting a 98% operating ratio, the KUB® is not subject to fatigue even at higher operating pressures* and in the most demanding of process conditions in vapour, gas, liquid or two-phase applications. Unlike many other reverse acting discs, the unique construction of the KUB® makes it fully compatible with liquid-only applications, maximising installation points which can benefit from this rupture disc, simplifying customers’ installation, maintenance and purchasing routines.
- Unique buckling pin element – creates the most robust rupture disc design available.
- Reinstall and reuse with ease after inspection – guarantees maximum lifespan of one rupture disc, reducing spares costs.
- Virtually immune to damage during installation, transport or storage – maximises process uptime and unnecessary replacement costs.
- Extend safety valve lifespan – robust design protects valves from process media, reducing corrosion risk and maximising overall investment.
- Widest size and burst pressure range in a single reverse acting disc – one-disc type suitable for a wide range of process conditions, improving purchasing, inspection and maintenance routines.
- Compatible with liquid-only applications – maximises installation points where the benefits of this technology can be achieved.